Dogs are very fond of toys and most of the owners love gifting their dogs with plenty of toys. But did you know chew toys and play toys are different and while you gift your dog a toy, you must know the difference between the two.
What are play toys?
- Play toys are not for chewing and if the materials inside a play toy is swollen by your dog then it might cause trouble in your dog’s stomach. Sometimes it also have more adverse effects if play toys are swollen. You should keep a good eye on you dog while he plays with a play toy. If by any chance the toy tears off you should immediately replace it.
- Play toys are perfect toys which you can use while playing with your dogs. They are also good when two dogs play with each other. When two dogs are playing with a play toy make sure that they do not tear them apart and start chewing them.
- Play toys are a good way to do the regular exercise for your dogs. As your dogs will generally love the play toys therefore you can easily make them do their regular exercise by playing with such toys.
- Play toys are good for the physical development of your dog.
- Some play toys are in puzzle shapes and food dispensers. They will allow your dog to grow physically as well mentally. Play toys are best for learning activities with fun for your dogs.
What are chew toys?
- Chew toys are mainly made for chewing as suggested by the name. Chew toys are made because most of the dogs especially pups have a chewing tendency and it is meant so that the dogs do not chew anything and everything; instead they chew only what is good for them.
- Chew toys should be given to your dogs under your supervision. It is advised that you do not leave your dog alone with chew toys rather let them do it under the supervision of someone.
- Chew toys are not really good as play toys or good during their play time. Many dogs do not prefer sharing their chew toys with other dogs and it is not advised to allow sharing chew toys as well.
- Chew toys are perfect to calm down your dogs as and when required.
- Most of the chew toys are good for the tartar scrapping from your dog’s teeth.
Know the difference well and Click here to know more about the dog toys and buy the best for them.